IMPACT Team Member: Spencer Story

STATISTICS

Name: Spencer Story

Major:  Anthropology and Chemistry, with a minor in Forensic Science, and a certificate in Forensic Anthropology

Classification/Year:  Senior

FAVORITES

Favorite hobbies:  Research, drawing, and being an animal-mom

Favorite class or teacher:  “My favorite class has been my research course, anthropology honors, taught by my research mentor Dr. Ryan Schacht. During this course, I have been researching African American cemetery loss in Pitt County, North Carolina. I will have the opportunity to present my research during the Spring 2022 semester.”

What you enjoy most about your major:  “I have enjoyed the opportunity to delve into different subjects while at ECU. Not only have I been able to explore the fields of anthropology, chemistry, and forensics, but I have also been able to specialize in certain topics that I have found interesting over the past three and a half years.”

What you enjoy most about serving on the IMPACT Team:  “While serving on the IMPACT Team, I have gotten to speak with several rising freshmen who are planning to come to ECU. I have enjoyed sharing my experiences with them and bringing them the same excitement that I felt prior to my first year at East Carolina.”

MOTIVATION

Your words to live by:  “Everything happens for a reason, an experience, or something beautiful.”

Learn more about the Harriot College IMPACT Team.